For Immediate Release
Friday, November 3, 2011
Ashburn, VA – For more than two weeks now, voters have been searching for career politician Dick Black, who has been busy ducking the tough questions from voters and reporters and hiding his extreme views from the voters of the 13th Senate District.
To recap the Dick “Houdini” Black disappearing act:
- Rejected an invitation to participate in an AARP tele-town hall with seniors (He was given two different opportunities to participate)
- Declined to participate in a forum with employees from Micron
- For 15 days now, Black has failed to release his answers to the extreme Virginia Citizens Defense League survey. VCDL’s agenda includes allowing guns in schools, bars, libraries, and to gut the Virginia State Police Background check system.
- Declined a television debate with News Talk with Bruce Depuyt on NewsChannel8. (http://www.tbd.com/blogs/news-talk/2011/11/shawn-mitchell-foreign-aid-heart-health-13442.html.)
- Hung up the phone on Omar Samaha, brother of Reema Samaha who was killed on April 16, 2007 during the Virginia Tech shooting. https://twitter.com/#!/OmarSamaha/status/131108521503768576
“Why won’t Dick Black answer the tough questions from voters, the media and concerned citizens,” asked Mitchell Campaign Manager Dominic Gabello. “We’ve got 4 days until Election Day and the voters have no idea where he stands on so many important issues. Is this the type of representative Dick Black plans to be in Richmond – someone who ignores his constituents and does what his far-right rigid socially conservative ideology leads him to do? Voters need to take a hard look at his 19th Century views and reject him on November 8th - they deserve better than this.”
Authorized by Shawn Mitchell for State Senate